December 5, 2009

Cole Brooks Barthlome

These first two pictures they took at the hospital.






They won't let kids under 18 into the hospital rooms and so they wheeled me downstairs to the lobby so that I could see Paisley. I think she was happy to see me.



Big Sister



My due date was Dec. 12th but I was supposed to be induced on the 4th since we live so far from the hosiptal, but Cole decided he wanted to come early. I started feeling yucky Monday afternoon. I threw up and just didn't feel good. I thought, "Great I have the flu at 38 weeks." As the day went on I started having consistent contractions. At about 9:30 we decided to head to the hosiptal b/c my contractions were about 3-4 minutes apart. We dropped Paisley off at Brooks' parents and then arrived in Blackfoot at 11:00pm. They checked me and said I was only a 1!!! I was so mad b/c my contractions were consistent and I was having a lot of pain in my back. They monitored me for about 4 hours with no change. We stayed at a friends and went into my doctor in the morning. She said that I was definitely in labor but with the way his head was turned I wasn't dilating so they sent me over to the hosiptal and gave me some potosin(sp??) to hopefully get me going. At 3:00 Tuesday afternoon I was at a 4 and by 4:00 I was a ten. It took only 3 pushes and he was here. He is such a good baby so far and Paisley has been quite the big sister. She loves to help but I have to make sure to make time for her b/c she gets a little jealous.

9 comments:

Jodi said...

Congratulation! What a cutie. I hope you are feeling well.

Krissy said...

Congrats Andrea... I'm so excited for you guys. We had our little ones on the same day... I hope that yours was as easy as mine. Can't wait to see more pictures of him... So much fuN!!!

Marjorie said...

Congrats he's adorable! And a lot of hair again :) You guys make cute babies! Take care and get lots of rest! Congrats!!!

Tanille said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Glad he is here safe and sound!! He just wanted to give you a Christmas present by coming early!!! :) Enjoy him, He is adorable!!!

Tamio & Anna said...

Congrats Andrea soooooooo cute! So much fun to see the family grow! We are so happy for you guys.

Justin and Julie Fam said...

Congrats!! He is a cutie pie.

Workmans said...

We're so happy your little guy made it here! I hope you're feeling pretty good and just enjoying him! I love the name Cole. Good pick!

Lori said...

I was sooo sad to find out I missed you on Friday. He is such a cutie. I hope to see you guys soon.

Cory n Tara said...

Hmm...that labor sounds familiar...a lot of pain and contractions but a long drawn out labor! I bet you didn't get any sleep when you stayed at your friends did you? I bet it was all worth it for a good baby! (oh and very cute too!) Can't wait to see you tonight!