September 1, 2009

Our Little Princess...

Who got bit by the dog

Sunday night Paisley was bit by our dog. We took her to the emergency room in Soda Springs. She has 11 stitches, 3 on the inside of her ear and 8 on the outside. It was actually a pretty clean bite for a dog and shouldn't leave too much of a scar where it is right along the crease of her ear. We were very fortunate and are grateful it wasn't any worse. She is taking it pretty well and doesn't seem to bug it too much. The doctors think that every thing with her ear will be fine but they have to look at the ear drum when she gets her stitches out to make sure. There was too much blood in her ear to look when we took her in. We will know more on Friday. And no we do not have that dog anymore.

10 comments:

Shena said...

Ok so YOU probably don't know me... but I do know Brooks and Lyndzi. :) OH MY! I'm so sorry that happened to your little girl. I have such a fear of dogs. I don't like my kids really playing around even dogs they know without an adult for this very reason! Did Paisley bother him or something or did the dog just snap? I hope it she heals nicely! Perhaps I'll get to meet you when you come to see Lyndzi.

Krissy said...

Wow Andrea that is so crappy... I cannot believe a family dog would just turn like that. If our dog bit ellie she would not have an EAR left... Poor little thing. Hopefully everything heals right. She is still sooo cute though.

Trev "N" Dez said...

Wow! That is a really good bite! I hope she wont be scared of dogs now. I have a great dog but she chews on everthing. I think that it is a good alternitive to this hu?

Andy and Robyn said...

Oh wow - I didn't realize it was that close to her ear. I'm so glad that she's not messing with it.

Workmans said...

Andrea this just made me sick! I'll bet it did you too! What a scary thing to have happen to your little one. I've had three friends now this summer who's kids have been bitten by their own dogs. Brady's been wanting to get one so bad, but all these stories make me more than hesitant. We'll be thinking of you. I'm sure Paisley is such a tropper. Good Luck

Tanille said...

Oh my Goodness, how AWFUL!! poor little thing.

Landon, Dana and Julien said...

Oh my gosh...I feel so bad for her! Poor little girl!

Dawn Hancock said...

Poor little Paisley! It looks really good though, I hope everything heals okay. I was bit on the ear like that by a puppy when I was a kid and it tore my ear right open. I am just wondering if the is still breathing? I know that it wouldn't be here at my house. Even though us girls get upset there is nothing like a mad DAD. They are pretty protective.

Brooks and Andrea said...

Yes, Brooks immediatley went out and took care of the dog. We have had that dog for about 6 years and Brooks said it was not hard to get rid of him after that.

Lyndzi said...

After reading everyone's comments, it makes me think...
If you think Paisley looks bad, you should see the dog.
I think Paiz won the fight on this one. I just thought I'd add a little humor. :)
It's a lot worse than I thought though. That's good she's not bugging it though. She's a little trooper. Can't wait to see you guys! One week from today, yeah!