January 16, 2009

Count Your Many Blessings


Last week Brooks and I got a check for a beef cow we had sold that we had completely forgotten about. We decided that we would use it to pay off a medical bill but then our truck broke down while I was on the way to Preston. The water pump had gone out and the fan belt came off. We figured that it was going to cost between $500-900.
This morning the car dealership called and said the truck was done and I hesitantly asked, "how much?". As I was holding my breath I heard her say $66.59. I asked her if she was sure that was right because we had to replace a water pump and I know those cost more than that. She said that the water pump was under warranty and so our only cost was the fan belt!!!!
After I hung up with the dealership I called the hospital to get our total and tell them I wanted to payoff the balance. The billing clerk told me since I was paying it off they would give me a 20% discount!!! I was beginning to think that this was not my week but wow talk about being blessed.

6 comments:

Andy and Robyn said...

I LOVE stories like that. It helps me remember why we pay our tithing for those times when it's a little hard to do so.

Lyndzi said...

Wow! That is so awesome. Good thing you're living right.

Krissy said...

Andrea. I am so excited I ran across your blog on Cynthia's. It's been so long since I've talked to you I always wonder how your doing and of course it sounds like you guys are doing amazing. Your little girl is so cute. I love her name. I am so glad that we can keep contact now and I never have to wonder how your doing anymore. I miss you! And so happy to hear you are well! Krissy

Justin and Julie Fam said...

I want to say you are lucky, but you used a better word, blessed. Doesn't it feel good to pay bills off.

Cory n Tara said...

Alright how do you get the peoples names on the side of your blog...I can't seem to figure it out. Oh and cute little drawing thing at the bottom...thats funny.

Van Tassell Family said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! I love the window pane!! I almost forgot about it! Thanks so much. You are the best!!