Paisley's birthday was on Sept 28th but my family always comes to our house for conference and so we just decided to celebrate it that weekend. Everybody from both mine and Brooks family were able to be there, so it was a lot of fun to be able to visit with everyone. I have to admit though I didn't get to listen to conference as much as I wanted to. I am going to make it a point to read as many talks as I can when the November magazine comes.
On Sunday I made Paisley a ladybug cake. It turned out pretty cute but not as good as the picture I pulled off the Internet. We put the cake in front of her and she wanted nothing to do with it. I tried to stick her hand in it and give her a taste of the frosting but she did not like that. We gave her a fork and she very daintily picked through it and put some in her mouth. Her dad decided that was no fun so he shoved her face in the cake. She had frosting all up her nose and started to cry for her mom. By the end of the charade Brooks, Paisley and I had frosting all over us. It was so funny how shy she acted when everyone was singing and looking at her because she is usually so loud and wants to be heard above everyone.
Paisley also had her 1 year check up and her first ear infections. She had an ear infection in each ear and was very cranky. I felt so bad b/c she could never get comfortable. At her check up she weighed 23.7 lbs and was 30 1/4 inches long. She is walking all over the place and making all sorts of animal noises (what do you expect she lives on a farm). We are in the process of taking her bottle away and it hasn't been too bad. She refuses to drink any milk from a sippy cup but will drink everything else out of a sippy. If she see that there is milk in there she chucks it across the room. So the problem is not weaning her off the bottle but getting her to drink milk out of a cup. Next I am planning on taking her pacifier away. That outta be fun.
October 11th is mine and Brooks 6th anniversary. I can't believe how fast time goes, but at the same time it feels like we have known each other and been together forever. I am grateful for all he does for me and that he is a great daddy to our little girl. I love to watch Paisley's face light up when he walks in the door. He always makes sure he gets to play with her every night before she goes to bed and she loves it. He gives her horse rides on his leg and one night she walked up to him, wrapped her arms around his leg and started to whinny like a horse. It was so cute. I love my small family and I am grateful for the opportunity to be a wife and a mother. 


6 comments:
What a cute cake! Good luck with taking the pacifier away...i tried that for one day and gave up. Although he is doing really well without it during most of the day, its just the nights that I just give in. Happy Anniversary!!!
awe, paisley is such her own little independent person. what a cutie! i love seeing pics of her and those smiles she gives. good job on the cake!
What cute pics..and a cute cake. She is so darn adorable. It is so hard to believe that you have been married for six years now...time does go by so fast. Happy Anniversary and Happy Late Birthday Paisley!
That first birthday is so fun:) Your cake looked great! Also, congrats on being married for six years! Time goes by really fast, it is fun to look back and see how much has changed during that time:)
So cute! I can't belive she has already had her first birthday. I love the picture of Brooks with cake all over his face.
Hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I came across it through my sister-in-law and then your sister-in-law.(If that makes any sense)
I forget that our little girls are the same age. Didn't that year go by so fast? It looks like she had a fun 1st birthday. I love the lady bug cake. You are so creative and did a great job!
Post a Comment