April 10, 2008

The Joys of Motherhood

Last night I was thinking about how life was without Paisley. It was easier but not as fulfilling. She brings so much happiness and joy to our little family. There was a time 3 weeks ago where she was up in the middle of the night for three hours 2 nights in a row. She wanted to play and wanted nothing to do with sleep. At one point I just broke down crying because I was so tired. Paisley just looked up at me with her big blue eyes as if to say, "I'm sorry mom, but I am just not sleepy." She then preceeded to lay her head against me and cuddle. This was one moment when I realized that it was worth it. When she smiles her whole face lights up and it makes my day. I can remember life without her but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Yesterday she had her doctors appointment and the doctor found a tooth on the bottom. I felt dumb because I never noticed it before. I knew she had to be teething though because she was really chomping down on her fingers and anything she could. She weighed 18lbs 11.5 ounces and was 25 1/2 inches. She is sitting up for long periods on her own and she loves to sit and play with her toys.

Last weekend my family came to town for conference weekend. It was nice to spend time with them. Below are some pictures from our weekend.
Grandma & Grandpa Davis
My little brother Cody who at first wanted nothing to do with her now likes to make faces at her to make her smile.
Grandma Davis
My sister Tara and her husband Cory. Tara loves Paisley and mauls her.

Paisley w/ her cousin Nate

4 comments:

Van Tassell Family said...

I agree life is so much better and more fulfilling with a litte one around. Your family is so cute.

sunnie said...

i love love love paisley's pigtail pic in her bumbo. her hair is getting so long. she is getting so big! i was looking at pics of dylan earlier this morning from when he was very first born. they change so much in so little time. i miss him being tiny, but love this stage of so many smiles.

The Burk Family said...

I cannot believe how much hair she has!! McKEnna was seriously 18 months before there was enough to pull back in a very small pony tail! She is so cute, and a big ditto to the more fulfilling life! Also, who would have thought way back in young women's that someday we would all be mommies!

The Burk Family said...

You've been tagged! Go to my page for details!