July 11, 2010

Toothless Wonder

Paisley is our accident prone child.  If something is going around she is going to get it.  If something is going to happen it is going to happen to her.  In 2009 we made 3 trips into the ER within a 3 month period.  The first time was her dog bite, then she swallowed one of Brooks blood pressure pills, and last we thought she had either broken her arm or her elbow had popped out of the socket.  Fortunately it was just her elbow and the orthopedic surgeon just popped it back in. 
So far we haven't made a trip to the ER in 2010 but she did get Hand, Foot and Mouth disease.  I had never heard of it before. It is when kids get a high grade fever and white blisters on their hands, feet, and/or mouth. She just had the blisters on her throat and it was pretty painful.
On Friday I had to take her into the dentist because she had a couple of cavities.  I thought Brooks and I were doing a pretty good job of keeping her teeth clean but I guess not good enough.  Anyway, she had to have two of her teeth pulled because the decay was to the core of her teeth.  She had an extra tooth on the bottom that was causing over crowding and so he pulled that tooth and the one next to it.  She thinks it is pretty cool to show off her missing teeth.

I think it makes her look even more grown up. Oh, and the little scabs on her nose are mosquito bites.  She got 4 bites on the tip of her nose and they were so red and swollen we thought her nose was just sunburned.

Below are a few pics from the 4th of July celebration in Soda Springs.



3 comments:

Lyndzi said...

Wow, our babies are getting SO big! She looks so big in the pic where she's sitting on the lawn. We can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!!! We're so lucky we get to come and play and I just can't wait, can't wait, cant wait!!!

Dawn Hancock said...

My goodness, little Paisley has been through it all. I hope she gets better. I am afraid to take my kids to the Dentist, I don't want to see what he will find. I have heard of HFM disease, it ran through our nursery before I had any kids luckily. They had to quarintine and clean all the toys. You might have to be careful with her and mosquitos. MY sister was like her and they figured that she was allergic to the mosquitos, her bites would be 3 times the size of mine. She might be that way with them.

Andy and Robyn said...

She always looks so happy! :)