December 1, 2011

Pioneer Park & Snow Canyon 1/2 Marathon

 We love to go to St. George and visit Grandma Phyllis. The kids love to play on the rocks at Pioneer Park.

 Being Silly

 Paisley was mad I was taking one more picture.

 Cole got stuck inside a whole. He was not happy :) 

 Nate & Cole

 This cool bridge across two rocks.



 Kennedi & Paisley

 Cole & Raife

 Andy & I were thrilled to be up this early :)

 Daralyn, Vanessa, Me & Andy freezing before the big race.  It was so cold for St. George (32 degrees).

 I was so nervous but excited to run my first half marathon.  The first 6 miles were downhill, some of it pretty steep.  We ran through Snow Canyon which was gorgeous.  I felt so good and got my 2nd wind about mile 7.  Mile 11.5 on was the hardest for me. The finish was kind of frustrating because as you rounded the corner above you could see what "looked" like the finish line but it was actually the starting line for the 5K. 
 The last 1/4 mile was a lap around the track which seemed to take forever.  Overall I was very happy with how I did and want to do another next summer.


 All the kids with Andy & I
My friends Daralyn & Vanessa.

1 comment:

Cory n Tara said...

I love St.George too! (I've been there once and so want to go back). You and mom are crazy ladies (and awesome at the same time) for doing that marathon stuff! I love the plate Gail gave Cole--I couldn't see the video though.