Day 5 we were in Belize but I don't have many pictures because we used a water camera and they didn't turn out very well. Brooks and Lyndzi did the zip lining while I went cave tubing with Andy, Jon & Rachel. It was a lot of fun and we had awesome tour guides from www.cave-tubing.com/
Taking the tender into Belize
Day 6 - Cozmel Mexico
Definitely my favorite stop. The water was gorgeous and crystal blue. You could see straight to the bottom even when it was 50ft deep.
We took a ferry to Playa Del Carmen to meet our tour guide, Helaman. Helaman took us to the Tulum ruins. I am not into history or ancient ruins or anything of that sort but it was amazing. I would highly recommend taking a tour through Helaman Tours. There are many ruins in the Cancun area that he covers.
One of the five entrances to the temple
Helaman
I can't even describe the feeling as we went on this tour. Helaman compared the Mayan culture to our LDS culture and many of the symbolism's from the temple.
Ocean behind the temple
Temple
This guy dressed as an ancient Mayan. Notice the apron and robe.
After our tour we had a couple hours to explore downtown Cozmel.
Brooks working for his money
Our Waitress Gusti performing
Our head waiter Wika.
We loved our servers. They became almost like family while we were there. They were both awesome and had fun personalities.








No comments:
Post a Comment